1. Beach Corridor: Highest tourist demand in region with major employment centers.
2. East-West Corridor: Heaviest commuter travel for international, state and local businesses.
3. Kendall Corridor: One of the most congested arterial roadways with the highest demand.
4. North Corridor: Key regional mobility linkage for access to jobs, stadium and educational facilities.
5. Northeast Corridor: High transit demand and part of a critical regional corridor to Palm Beach County.
6. South Corridor: Experiencing the fastest population growth in Miami-Dade County.
The SMART Plan will expand transit options in Miami-Dade County along six (6) critical corridors that are linked to local, regional, national, and global economic markets, as highlighted below. Another critical component of the SMART Plan will be a network of Express Buses, known as Bus Express Rapid Transit (BERT), which will connect the SMART rapid transit corridors on limited access facilities, promoting the active expansion of South Florida’s Express Lanes network with the implementation of six (6) identified BERT express lane concepts. This innovative approach effectively expands the reach of transit in Miami-Dade County and beyond.
• Metrorail at-grade (powered by overhead lines), on exclusive lanes.