Downtown Miami Master Plan> Download Master Plan (24 MB)
> Download Master Plan Exec. Summary
The Miami Downtown Development Authority's (Miami DDA) board of directors voted unanimously to approve the 2025 Downtown Miami Master Plan, a 15-year roadmap for enhancing the livability and quality of life in Downtown Miami. The plan is to serve as a benchmark for encouraging investment by both the public and private sectors, with the goal of transforming Miami's urban core into the "Epicenter of the Americas."
The approved Master Plan combines new land use and planning guidelines, as well as outlines a number of proposed projects, some of which are already underway. The final plan is the culmination of existing studies, as well as a series of Miami DDA Board workshops, public forums, and stakeholder meetings designed to gain a better understanding of existing conditions and gather the best and most sustainable ideas for revitalizing Downtown Miami.
The Master Plan outlines five core goals for Downtown Miami (bounded at the South end by SE 15th Rd. and on the North by NE 22nd St.; on the West by I-95 and on the East by Biscayne Bay):
- Enhance Downtown Miami's standing as the business and cultural epicenter of the Americas
- Leverage the City's beautiful and iconic tropical waterfront
- Elevate Downtown's grand boulevards to prominence
- Create great streets and community spaces throughout the district
- Promote transit and regional connectivity